Vanderbilt University Research Assistant - Term Professional in Nashville, Tennessee
Research Assistant - Term Professional (Job Number: 1800796)
About the Position:
The Research Assistant position will work on independent research projects for the Associate Provost, along with providing administrative support.This position interfaces closely with other members of the College of Arts and Science, the University Administration, and the University as a whole.
Responsibilities range from administrative tasks, event planning, financial oversight, to research on projects.This position will supervise student workers and work directly with faculty and outside consultants.
· Detail oriented,
· Ability to multi-task,
· Great Time Management Skills
· Great communication skills.
· Must have the ability to work both as a member of a team and independently.
· Knowledge of University policies and procedures is a plus.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Budgets - including tracking and reconciling expenses
· Preparing expense reports and reimbursements in Oracle
· Processing payments through Oracle
· Grant reporting
· Grant proposal writing
· Event planning for various events
· Using BrightSpace to update course material for English courses
· Work closely with the web developer on website and blog updates
· Serve as team leader on various projects
· Provide support to team members to complete projects
· Work closely with the Associate Provost
· Other duties as assigned
Vanderbilt is a renowned private institution founded in 1873 located a little more than a mile from downtown Nashville, TN. The university’s students, faculty, staff and visitors frequently cite Nashville as one of the perks of Vanderbilt. VU is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt was recently ranked #1 in the Princeton Review at https://news.vanderbilt.edu/2017/08/01/vanderbilt-has-happiest-students-again-according-to-2017-princeton-review-best-colleges-rankings/ among 382 top colleges and universities for “happiest students” - as well as #2 for “best quality of life” and “great financial aid,” #5 for “best run colleges” and “beautiful campus,” and #6 for both being in a “college city that students love” and having “great campus/city relations.”
In addition to offering a lively community that encourages learning and celebrates diversity, VU offers a competitive, flexible benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, accidental death & dismemberment, disability insurance, paid time off, and a 403(b) retirement plan with employer match. Vanderbilt offers tuition assistance to employees, spouses and dependent children. Also, after five years of service, Vanderbilt will pay up to 55% of the tuition for up to three dependent children to earn a bachelor's degree. Learn more about Vanderbilt's benefits at VU Benefits Overview at https://hr.vanderbilt.edu/benefits/6.1.17BenefitsOverview-Candidate-.pdf
No Degree Required
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Nashville
Organization: 12280 - English
Job: Limited Term Positions